The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) UG is a national level entrance exam for admissions to candidates in undergraduate (UG) law courses offered at 23 NLUs and 61 private law colleges/ universities accepting exam scores.
Till 2018, the exam was conducted by NLUs on a rotational basis. However, from 2019 onwards it is being conducted by a permanent body formed by the universities, i.e. The Consortium of NLUs.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for CLAT exam, candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria as under five-year Integrated courses:
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent examinations for national or state board of education.
- They should have obtained minimum 45% marks if belonging to General/ Other Backward Class (OBC) / Specially-abled categories and 40% marks if belonging to Scheduled Class (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories.
- There is no age limit to apply for CLAT 2024 as the Bar Council of India (BCI) has removed the upper or lower age limit criteria for admissions to law courses.
CLAT 2024 Highlights
||Common Law Admission Test
||Once a year
||22 NLUs and 60 private colleges/universities(approx.)
Application Process – CLAT 2024
Candidates seeking admissions to NLUs or law schools accepting CLAT scores have to follow the process as under:
Online application – The CLAT consortium opened the application window in online mode on the official website
. Candidates seeking admissions for CLAT 2024 UG exam have to apply before the last date of application which is before 3rd November, 2023 (11:59 P.M.) after completing each step including, registration, filling up the form, uploading documents and fee payment.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after candidates choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
Admission Open for 2023-24
"*" indicates required fields